Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination, 4th Edition is the original and most popular NCLEX review book on the market focused exclusively on building prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills! Using a unique simple-to-complex approach, this best-selling text establishes your foundational knowledge of management of care, then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you transition to practice in today's fast-paced healthcare environment. This new edition features over 60 pages of additional questions, a completely new pharmacology chapter and questions, a content re-alignment to match the latest National League for Nursing guidelines for delegation and patient assignemtn, increased inclusion of LGBTQ-related scenarios, updated infection control coverage, and much more!
- Answer keys directly following each chapter for improved usability offer a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question to encourage formative assessment.
- Interactive practice quizzing on Evolve allows you to create a virtually unlimited number of practice sessions in Study Mode or Exam Mode.
- Emphasis on the NCLEX Examination's management-of-care focus addresses the heavy emphasis on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment in the current NCLEX-RN® Examination.
- Updated content throughout matches the latest evidence-based guidelines and treatment protocols.
- Improved navigation and usability with includes color tabs on the edges of the book's pages and with answers directly following each chapter.
- UNIQUE! Three-part organization establishes foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
- NEW! More than 60 pages of new questions provide additional practice prepare students for the prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment questions on the NCLEX-RN® Exam.
- NEW! Pharmacology chapter and expanded pharmacology questions throughout prepare you for the strong pharmacology focus of the latest NCLEX-RN® Exam.
- NEW! Re-alignment of delegation and assignment content and answer key coding to reflect the latest National League for Nursing (NLN) guidelines on what constitutes delegation and what constitutes patient assignment.
- NEW! Increased emphasis on infection control addresses the growing problems of antibiotic resistance and the rapid spread of infectious disease resulting from our globally mobile society and from growing resistance to vaccination.
- NEW! Increased inclusion of LGBTQ scenarios and healthcare concerns prepares you to work with the LGBTQ community.