Beyond Return on Investment: Expanding the Value of Healthcare Information Technology, 2nd Edition this updated and revised edition provides lessons learned from healthcare IT adoption and the opportunity to drive value realization. From providing a basic primer on 'how-to' complete a Return on Investment analysis for a single project to developing a comprehensive program of value management to support the transition to high value healthcare, this book addresses emerging trends, practical approaches and measurement methods to help drive value.
Beyond Return on Investment, 2nd Edition views IT as a strategic asset in the transformation of healthcare. Based on previous editions, this book updates and identifies the components of an integrated value management strategy including value driven decision-making culture, an integrated approach to strategy development, a value based governance model, a process that defines business case development through ROI analysis, value measurement and value scorecard development. New chapters in this addition include a Framework for Value Management, validating vendor defined value and ROI, and new methods for realizing value.
Pam Arlotto, MBA, FHIMSS, is CEO and President of Maestro Strategies, LLC, a management consulting firm focused on transformation and the orchestration of change in the healthcare industry. Ms. Arlotto created the award-winning series Return on Investment: Maximizing the Value of Healthcare Information Technology and has co-authored three previous books on planning for and realizing the value of IT. This groundbreaking book provides an overall management system for governing, planning for, realizing and creating value and return on investment. She has held a number of important healthcare and industry leadership positions that include:
- Board of Trustees Member, Georgia Tech Foundation
- Advisory Board Member, Wallace H. Coulter School of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University, Scheller College of Business at Georgia Tech
- National President and Fellow of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Adjunct faculty member in the Healthcare Informatics program at University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Board Member numerous privately held companies and not for profit organizations
Ms. Arlotto is a popular and frequent speaker at healthcare industry and corporate meetings and has authored a number of journal and magazine articles.
Susan P. Irby, MSHS, is the Managing Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics for Maestro Strategies, LLC, and has over 30 years of healthcare experience with providers and as a consultant. Ms. Irby built the firm’s ROI Toolkit and specializes in financial planning, decision support, and IT benefits realization. Her experience includes:
- Transformation Strategy advisory consulting work including planning for Care Management Platforms, Enterprise Analytics Management Systems, clinical integration and population health management for a variety of health systems
- Return on Investment and Value Management Strategies for health systems, solution companies and associations
- Director of Strategic Planning and Decision Support at Alta Bates Health System where she pioneered early decision support system and benefits realizations applications in healthcare
- Arthur Young consultant with experience in strategic planning, operating and capital budgeting, cost accounting, financial planning, and forecasting