The BeginningAutoCAD® 2018 Exercise Workbook is designed for classroom instruction and self-study alike, and is now suitable for both inch and metric users to accommodate readers around the world. Each lesson starts with step-by-step instructions on how to master a particular task, followed by exercises designed for practicing the commands readers learned within that lesson.
The 2018 version of the software boasts the new feature of being able to import SHX fonts when importing documents into AutoCAD. With past versions, you could only import SHX fonts as objects that were included in the PDF, which meant that users could not alter the text in any way. In this 2018 version of the software, the text will be fully editable – the same as TrueType text and fonts. That’s a tremendous advantage for architects and designers, who use SHX fonts extensively in their drawings.
Written by Cheryl Shrock and Steve Heather, two bestselling authors and official Beta Testers of AutoCAD® software, this is an invaluable resource for the thousands of students, designers, architects, and manufacturers who are just learning AutoCAD®, or getting up to speed with the latest version of the software.
NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES
- The ability to import SHX fonts when importing a PDF document into AutoCAD.
- The ability to convert single rows of text into paragraphs.
- The ability to fully customize the workspace ribbons by dragging buttons to wherever the user wants, or by deleting buttons the user doesn’t use or need. Users can also create their own customized ribbon.
- All exercises will include metric equivalents alongside the original imperial (inch) measurements.
- Additional new features just being released by AutoCAD to beta testers.
Cheryl Shrock is a retired Professor and Chairperson of Computer Aided Design at Orange Coast College in California.? The AutoCAD Exercise Workbooks are the result of both her teaching skills and her industry experience.? She is an AutodeskR registered author.
Steve Heather is a former Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Aided Design in England, UK.? For the past 8 years, he has been a Beta Tester for AutodeskR, testing the latest AutoCADR software.? He is the co-author of the bestselling series of Beginning and Advanced AutoCADR Exercise Workbooks.? Previous to teaching, and for more than 30 years, Heather worked as a Precision Engineer in the aerospace and defense industries.?