Select diagnosis codes accurately with Carol J. Buck's 2016 ICD-10-CM: Standard Edition. Designedby coders for coders, this practical manual includes all the ICD-10 codes needed for basic inpatient, outpatient, and Medicare coding. As coders need more extensive knowledge to code with ICD-10-CM - and to choose from the thousands of possible codes - this edition provides an essential background in A&P, pathology, and medical terminology, along with colorfulNetter's Anatomy illustrations and clear instructions for using the book. Together, these features make diagnosis coding faster and easier. Also included is a companion website with the latest coding news and updates!
- UNIQUE! Full-color Netter's Anatomy art is included in a separate section for easy reference and cross-referenced within the Tabular List to help you understand anatomy and how it may affect choosing codes.
- More than 150 illustrations provide visual orientation and enhance understanding of specific coding situations.
- Convenient Guide to the Updates in the front of the book lists all new, revised, and deleted codes, providing at-a-glance lookup of the annual changes.
- Two-color design provides an economical version of this coding manual.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCRs) are listed in full and alsointegrated within the code set, providing fast, easy access to coding rules.
- Symbols and highlights draw attention to codes that may require special consideration before coding, including:
- New, Revised, and Deleted
- Codes that call for the use of additional character(s)
- Includes, Excludes 1 and Excludes 2
- Use Additional
- Code First and Code Also
- Placeholder X symbol reminds you to assign placeholder X for codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character.
- Additional elements within specific codes define terms and add coding instructionsrelating to difficult terminology, diseases and conditions, or coding in a specific category.
- Items are included throughout the Tabular List to ensure accurate coding, providing additional information on common diseases and conditions.
- Codingupdates.com companion website includes the latest changes to the ICD coding system.
- NEW! 2016 ICD-10-CM: Standard Edition replaces Carol Buck's ICD-9-CM, Volumes 1 and 2; this manual includes an introduction to ICD-10-CM coding in Part I, an alphabetic index to diseases and injuries in Part II, and the Tabular List of diseases and injuries in Part III.
- UPDATED 2016 Official Code set reflects the latest ICD-10 codes needed for diagnosis coding.