Essential hiring and team-building lessons from the #1 Podcaster in the world
The Effective Hiring Manager offers an essential guide for managers, team leaders, and HR professionals in organizations large or small. The author’s step-by-step approach makes the strategies easy to implement and help to ensure ongoing success.
Hiring effectively is the single greatest long-term contribution to your organization. The only thing worse than having an open position is filling it with the wrong person. The Effective Hiring Manager offers a proven process for solving these problems and helping teams and organizations thrive.
- The fundamental principles of hiring and interviewing
- How to create criteria to hire by
- How to create excellent interview questions
- How to review resumes
- How to conduct phone screens
- How to structure an interview day
- How to conduct each interview
- How to capture interview results
- How to make an offer
- How to decline a candidate
- How to onboard candidates
Written by Mark Horstman, co-founder of Manager Tools and an expert in training managers, The Effective Hiring Manager is an A to Z handbook to the successful hiring process. The book explores, in helpful detail, what it takes to hire the right person, for the right job, and the right team.