Clashing together outrageous musical influences and extravagant visual imagery, Queen's place in history as the greatest glam band of them all is rock solid. Their fan base continues to grow, a decade and a half on from the death of Freddy Mercury, Queen's super-charismatic front man. Georg Purvis's meticulous, session-by-session, song-by-song, album-by-album, tour-by-tour record of the band's progress is the complete reference source that Queen fans have been waiting for. If you love the Champions of Rock, it's all here:
* The Band - detailed insights into Freddy Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon
* The Albums - detailed production history and analysis of every album, including solo releases
* The Sessions - In depth coverage from the early days via A Night at The Opera all the way to Made in Heaven
* The Songs - hundreds of individual entries on all the famous recordings, as well as obscure, unreleased rarities
* The Tours - set-lists and histories of every live show
* The Videos - a complete guide to Queen's groundbreaking video work
* The Movies - Flash Gordon, and other projects
* Plus - the reunion shows with Paul Rodgers, the radio sessions, the costumes, the parties and much, much more...
Georg Purvis is a writer, amateur photographer, musician, avid music collector, and leading historian of Queen. He lives in Philadelphia.