"Hom's style is approachable and fresh. For home cooks in search of authenticity without complication.
"Hom manages to make seemingly complex flavor profiles more manageable with clear instruction, simplified technique and the occasional shortcut."
American-born Ken Hom is the West's most famous Chinese chef. Hailed as the man who transformed wok cooking into an art form, he has introduced Chinese cuisine to the tables of royalty, world leaders, and countless celebrities.
His straightforward approach makes it easy to prepare delicious and healthy Chinese food for a busy lifestyle. The comprehensive introduction describes China's regional cooking styles, the theory of yin-yang as it applies to food, the essential equipment and ingredients, and Chinese cooking techniques.
The recipes are easy with Hom's clear guidance. They include:
- Appetizers: Dim Sum dumplings, Prawn Crackers, Curried Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- Soups: Hot and Sour Soup, Chinese Cabbage Soup, Sweetcorn Soup with Crabmeat
- Meat: Barbecued Roast Pork, Stir-fried Beef with Ginger, Beijing Braised Lamb
- Poultry: Fragrant Crispy Chicken, Cantonese Pressed Duck, Barbecued Quails
- Fish and Shellfish: Steamed Fish Cantonese Style, Crab Casserole, Sichuan Prawns in Chili Sauce
- Vegetables: Ginger Broccoli, Spicy Spinach Salad, Peppers with Black Beans
- Rice and Noodles: Shanghai Vegetable Rice, Chicken on Crispy Noodles, Braised Noodles with Crabmeat
- Desserts: Sweet Almond Soup, Warm Banana Compote in Plum Wine with Candied Ginger, Egg Custard.
For home chefs Complete Chinese Cookbook is the ideal guide to healthy and delicious Chinese food.