"Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you have feathers on your legs or butt."
- Dale Earnhardt Sr.
NASCAR racing is fast, furious and filled with colorful characters who have lots to say -- sometimes at the most inopportune times. Drive Like Hell celebrates the wit and wisdom of the NASCAR circuit. Race fans of all ages will love this entertaining collection of quotes and quips from today's stars and the legends of auto racing.
Here's a small sampling of the more than 400 quotes:
- They name streets after guys like that -- One Way and Dead End. (Tony Stewart on Greg Biffle)
- I'll apologize to them after they get me to the front! (Dale Earnhardt Sr. on being told by his crew that he was hurting his tires)
- If I dig any deeper, I'll be in China. (Kyle Bush, when told by his team to "dig in" during the latter stages of a race)
- Drive it like you stole it, homie. (Crew chief Chad Knaus' advice to Jimmy Johnson during the final race of the 2006 Chase)
- Why did! take up racing?! was too lazy to work and too chicken to steal. (Kyle Petty)
- We go six times faster. (NASCAR CEO William C. France, when asked why deaths in auto racing were six times more common than deaths in football)