Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Best of Australia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Catch an aria at the Sydney Opera House, snorkel the dazzling Great Barrier Reef, learn to surf in Byron Bay or Bondi, spot crocs in Kakadu National Park, or visit Uluru, the cultural and geographical heart of Oz; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best of Australia:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, aboriginal Australia, art, food, wine, sport, landscapes, wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out Sydney map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you navigate your destination
- Covers Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Brisbane, the Gold Coast, the Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, the Sunshine Coast, tropical Queensland, Melbourne, the Great Ocean Road, Darwin, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Perth and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best of Australia, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Australia's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check outLonely Planet's Australia guide.
- Looking for a guide for Sydney or Melbourne? Check out Lonely Planet's Sydney andMelbourne & Victoria guides for a comprehensive look at all these cities have to offer,Pocket Sydney, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip, orMake My Day Sydney, a uniquely interactive guide that allows you to effortlessly plan your itinerary by flipping, mixing and matching top sights.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.