Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Be awed by the Taj Mahal, take a sacred dip in Varanasi, soak up rays and creature comforts in Goa, or shop 'til you drop in Delhi; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover India:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, architecture, art, cinema, cuisine, the Indian way of life, religion, customs/etiquette, landscapes, wildlife, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Delhi map (included in print version), plus over 59 colour maps
- Covers Delhi and the Taj Mahal, Mumbai (Bombay), Rajasthan, Goa, Kerala, Darjeeling, Varanasi, and the northern mountains, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover India, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on India's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check outLonely Planet's India guide.
- Looking for a guide for Delhi, Kerala, Goa or Mumbai? Check out the Lonely Planet Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guide,Lonely Planet South India & Kerala guide, and Lonely Planet Goa & Mumbaiguide for a comprehensive look at all those cities have to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.